- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 8:30 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius has working breakfast with the Foreign Minister of North Macedonia and the Acting Foreign Minister of Albania in Brussels
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 2:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Portuguese Ambassador
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 3:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the discussion " From Renewing Sakharov‘s Hearings To Reviving The Helsinki Spirit Across Europe" at the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the EU in Brussels
- 2019-12-09 On 9 December at 3:30 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ukrainian Ambassador
In Tbilisi, L. Linkevičius discusses Georgia's future, commemorates historical anniversaries
On 10 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius continued his visit to Georgia and was received by the new Prime Minister Giorgi Gakharia. The head of Lithuania’s diplomacy congratulated the head of government of Georgia on his recent appointment. L. Linkevičius also voiced our country's unwavering support for Georgia's European aspirations.
"Georgia's success will depend to a large extent on the consolidation of democracy and the rule of law in the country, as well as on the ongoing reforms," said Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.
In addition, the Minister L. Linkevičius, together with the Mayor of Tbilisi Kakha Kaladze, opened the renovated Vilnius square in the capital of Georgia. The author of the project is the architect Rytis Cikanavičius. The project was funded by Tbilisi Municipality.
A ceremony of unveiling a memorial plaque to commemorate the 1917 Congress of all Lithuanians, living in the Caucasus, was also held today. The plaque was installed on the building, where the Congress took place and the Committee of the Caucasus Lithuanian community was established.
On 9 September, the head of Lithuania’s diplomacy participated in an international conference in Tbilisi. L. Linkevičius had a discussion with the former President of Latvia Valdis Zatlers and David J. Kramer from Florida International University during a session dedicated to the Baltic Way. Later, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister attended a commemoration of the 30th anniversary of the Baltic Way at Sukhumi State University.