- 2019-12-10 On 10 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends the General Affairs Council in Brussels
- 2019-12-10 On 10 December at 3:00 p.m., the Vice-Minister Dalius Čekuolis meets with the Ambassador of Canada Kevin Rex
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 1:00 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius takes part in the Government meeting and sitting
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 12:00 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a working lunch with other members of the Cabinet
- 2019-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius participates in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels
Lithuania supports Finland's fight against hybrid threats
On 9-10 July, the Political Director of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Asta Skaisgirytė, takes part in an informal meeting of the EU Political Directors (foreign affairs) in Helsinki, Finland. The EU Political Directors are discussing effective multilateralism, the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy, hybrid threats, the Arctic, and other issues.
"Lithuania supports Finland's aim to focus on the fight against hybrid threats during its Presidency of the Council of the European Union," said Lithuania’s Political Director. Both countries speak up for the Council’s effort to build resilience and better counter hybrid threats by setting up a new working group on hybrid threats.
Participants of the meeting also dedicated considerable attention to transatlantic cooperation.
The informal meeting of the EU Political Directors is held every six months by the Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The meeting discusses important issues relating to the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy.