How to find us?
Types of visas
Airport transit Schengen visa (A) - a visa valid for transit through the international transit areas of one or more airports of the Schengen Member States.
Short-stay Schengen visa (C) – a visa valid for transit through or an intended stay in the territory of the Schengen Member States of a duration of no more than three months in any six-month period from the date of first entry in the territory of the Schengen Member States. For a person, who visits the Schengen area often, it is recommended to check with the calculator.
A short stay Schengen visa is valid for the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and Sweden.
A Schengen visa issued by the Embassy or Consulate of the above countries allows the holder to travel freely in all of the issuing countries. Please note that holders of a Schengen visa are still subject to immigration control and are not guaranteed entry into any of the Schengen countries, even though they may hold a valid visa for these countries.
National visa (D) – a visa allowing to enter the Republic of Lithuania and stay in it for a period longer than three months. A single entry national visa shall be issued to an alien who has been granted a temporary or permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania. A multiple entry national visa shall be issued to an alien whose purpose of entry into the Republic of Lithuania is long term stay in the Republic of Lithuania.
The national visa is issued for a maximum of 1 year. The national visa can be single-entry or multiple-entry. Foreign persons with a valid national visa may travel in the territory of other Schengen countries for a maximum of three months period during any six-month period. More detailed information on national (D) visas can be found on the website of the Migration department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania (https://www.migracija.lt/stay-more-than-3-months)
Where to apply?
- An application for a single entry visa has to be presented to the Embassy of the country of main destination (determined by the purpose of the journey and the length of stay). If your main destination cannot be ascertained, the Schengen state through which you first enter the territory of these countries is responsible for granting the visa.
- An application for a multiple entry visa has to be presented to the Embassy of the country that constitutes the usual main (the most frequent) destination.
- An application for a visa for the purpose of transit has to be presented to the Embassy of the country the transit concerns (in case the transit concerns only one Schengen country), or to the Embassy of the country whose external border the applicant intends to cross first (in case the transit concerns several Schengen countries).
Consular Information website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Lithuania.
All persons wishing to apply for a visa must make an appointment online in advance.
Applications can be either lodged to an external service provider (please register online at Visa Application Centre) or directly to the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania to the Russian Federation.
Please approach Visa Application Centre for more detailed information on Schengen visas.
Visa applications shall be submitted from:
- The Russian Federation citizens except those who are permanently resident in:
- Arkhangelsk area, Leningrad area, Novgorod area, Pskov area, Murmansk area, city of St.Petersburg, Republic of Karelia (should apply to the Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuania in St.Petersburg);
- Kaliningrad area (should apply to the Consulate General of the Republic of Lithuania in Kaliningrad or the Consulate of the Republic of Lithuania in Sovietsk).
- Third country nationals permanently residing in Russian Federation.
- Those who do not possess citizenship of any kind or nationals of those countries where no Mission of the Republic of Lithuania is present, and who are legally residing in Russian Federation.